Apply for Enrollment
Jr. Kindergarten -11th grade applications for the
2020-2021 academic year are now available!
Grace Classical School aims to partner with Christian parents to educate their children classically and point them, in heart and mind, to the Word of God. Our mission is to instill within our students a love for the Lord our God, learning, and Truth. In order to accomplish this mission, we must partner with Christian parents who have the same desire for their children. Therefore, we are a discipleship model school. As a discipleship or covenant model school, at least one parent or guardian of each applicant must give a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be a regular attendee or member of a Christian church. If this does not describe your family and you still wish to apply, please call the school at (910)526-0718 to discuss your situation.
GCS Application Process
1. Attend an informational meeting or meet with one of the leaders of GCS during a school visit (an administrator or board member). Learning about Grace Classical in one of these ways is the best introduction to the school.
2. Pray. Ask the Lord if Grace Classical is His plan for your family, for all of your children or just one. It is our hope that parents will take the time to think about the needs and educational goals for each of their children before making a decision. Additional resources to consider as you learn about Grace Classical are listed below.
by Dorothy Sayers
By Susan Wise Bauer
Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning
By Douglas Wilson
By Leigh Bortins
3. Once your family has prayerfully considered GCS and you are ready to take the next step, please register your family in Sycamore (our School Management System).
4. After you have registered with Sycamore, you will receive your login information via email. This will be your login info from this point forward.
5. Log in to the admissions portal to begin your application! See specific explanation below for further instructions regarding the application within Sycamore.
6. Once the application is submitted, a family interview will be arranged with the headmaster. The interview is a time for discussing your family’s goals and the mission and vision of Grace Classical School. This is an opportunity for you to ask more specific questions about our methods and philosophy, and a final step in deciding if GCS is the best fit for your family. The application fee of $50 per student is due at the time of the family interview.
7. After the family interview, the head of school will then notify the parents of the decision regarding acceptance. If accepted, the parents will receive an Acceptance Letter and a Transfer of Records form if applicable.
Grace Classical School reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone.
As stated in our Non-Discrimination Policy, GCS “does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or ethnic origin” in any of our admission policies.
Sycamore Application Instructions
Upon first Sycamore Application Portal login (READ THIS BEFORE YOU BEGIN):
- On the left you will see a menu with white and yellow sections. At the top of that menu is the “Home” button. At any point during the application, if you need to know what to do next, the “Home” button will always bring you back to the instructions.
- On the right is the “Application Roadmap”. This is your application.
- When you complete something, always look for the blue “Submit” or “Update” button at the top right corner. If you don’t click it, your new info will not be saved.
To Begin The Application:
1. Your “Application Road Map” is on the right hand side of the screen. The roadmap lists -in RED- what needs to be completed. Click on the BLUE wording within the red items in order to complete the necessary item. Once an item is complete, it will turn GREEN.
2. Anytime you complete a section, you must click the blue box at the top right corner that says “Submit” or “Update”.
3. Once you submit a section, click “Home” at the top of the menu in the top left corner. Home will bring back your “Application Road Map”. Continue working through the red items by clicking the blue words within the item.
4. Please take the time to answer the essay questions for both the family, AND each of your students as you add them.
5. ALWAYS go back to the Home button to see what else is left on the list.
6. Once all items are complete, the large green “Click Here To Submit Application” button will appear. Click it.
At any point, you can click “Home” at the very top left to bring you back to the “Application Roadmap” and see what information is still needed. Incomplete sections will still be red.
A NOTE ABOUT ESSAYS: Sycamore will time-out and erase your essay. It is a good idea to type out your essay answers in a Word document and then copy and paste when ready to submit, just in case the portal times out.
You will not see a big green submit button until all required information has been entered. Once all sections are complete, click “Home” and you will see that the green button has appeared at the top which reads
“Click Here To Submit Application”.
The “School Checklist” is what we use to check off items needed before enrollment takes place. You do not need to do anything with that section.
–If you have any questions about the application process or if we can help you in any way, please don’t hesitate to call or email.–